Self- Portrait Poster

Poster Assignment

For this assignment, I decided to use the picture of me with my camera. I love photography and have had a passion for it since I was in middle school. I have always enjoyed the free range of creativity and expression that comes with art. Art can be interpreted in many different ways from the original idea. My favorite part of art is not knowing the true intended meaning behind a piece. It is all up to the audience to figure it out. For my poster, I wanted to convey that I am choosing to use my camera as my form of expression, while others use different forms of expression. Especially nowadays in politics, with rallies and arguments against gun policies.

I already knew I wanted to use this photograph because I like it so much, and knew the direction I wanted to go in. However, the professor showed examples of this project and one student's work, Emily Alber, had the similar idea as myself. Her project helped me in how I wanted to word my phrase.

I thought this project was fairly easy for the most part, I think the most time consuming part of this assignment was creating the outline of my self-portrait. Although, I really like this picture of myself and this idea for my project, so it didn't seem too bad. I am very proud with how it turned out. However, if I had more time I would go back in and give more of an effort to my hair, that was the most difficult part.

Est. time: 6 hours





Comments

  1. This made me want to leave class and go to an ice cream shop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts